Specially if the skin is suffering from acne, the care and control of acne plays a vital role for that special look. To achieve a true acne control, a number of factors can come into play. The acne sufferer will often begin acne treatment by using natural remedies. If successful, more stringent and expensive remedies will be unneeded.
1. Tone with an alcohol-free, all natural toner, since alcohol is drying to the skin and will cause the oil glands to produce more sebum. Toner also helps reduce the bacterial population on the skin, decreasing the number of bacteria which will migrate into the pores.
2. When you dry your face, gently pat with a soft towel. This is crucial. Washing can be your friend or your enemy depending on how you do it. If you treat your face with kid gloves, it will reward you with a softer, less oily complexion.
3. Include Fruits and Vegetables in your daily Diet. A healthy diet consists of at least four to five servings of fruits and vegetables. Acne control will be a lot easier if you start including this in your daily habit.
4. Teens are also recommended to get 6-8 glasses of water and 8-10 hours of sleep each night. They can also take fish oil supplements which have been shown to keep excess oil in check and help control teen acne.
5. Cleansing with a mild, slightly acidic and all natural soap. Other kinds of soaps can cause redness, soreness, irritation or tightness because of the harsh chemicals, colorants detergents and fragrances they are made with. Avoid any products which contain ingredients which may irritate or dry out the skin. This is one of the best natural acne treatment
6. Cucumber can help in acne control. Blend it with some water to form a mask. Put it in your face and leave it for about half an hour before rinsing it off. This is a good and affordable acne control remedy that can also refresh your skin.
7. Remember, acne is a clogged pore. The clogs are induced by Sebum(oil) blocking a hair follicle and creating an infection. Sebum is the culprit. And Sebum is regulated by our hormones and our skin’s pH balance. In many body types, certain junk food can change this balance and in this respect, junk food can make you more vulnerable to acne.
Author is an online medical researcher on acne treatment and skin care. Click read more on natural acne treatment, hormonal acne treatment.