As much as we hate it, the redness and the swelling is part of the package during pimple breakouts. The swelling produces the pain and the overall discomfort that we feel during acne eruptions. Although there are many products available in your local pharmacy that can help you cure these skin problems, these soaps, creams and ointments may not come cheap. So if you are looking for a more pocket-friendly solution to acne eruptions, here are a few effective homemade cures that you can follow and get equally effective results in no time!
1. Making your own facial mask out of water and baking soda can help reduce the redness and the swelling. Apply the facial mask evenly on your face and leave it for 20 minutes, tops. After which, you can remove using a gentle facial wash and warm water.
2. You can use fruits such as lemon, cucumber and tomato slices and apply them over the pimple. These can help tighten the pores and reduce swelling and redness.
3. Applying toothpaste can help sooth away the pain. This cure is a well-known way of reducing the swelling when left on the affected area overnight.
4. A regular facial washing habit can do miracles for taking the pain and the redness away. Facial wash can keep pimple-causing bacteria at bay and even reduce the oil build-up that can worsen the acne problem. The trick here is getting the right facial wash. Pick products that are dermatologically proven and suit your facial type. Those with normal skin types should wash their face at most twice a day; while for those with oily skins should wash more often.
5. And finally, swelling can be reduced by simply applying a cold compress to the pimple. Low temperature will constrict the surrounding blood vessels in the area reducing further swelling and redness.
So you don’t have to spend a lot when it comes to acne treatments and reducing pimple redness. By following these simple solutions, you can stop an acne eruption at home with products you can easily find in your bathrooms and your kitchens!
Acne spares no one. Learn the secrets to winning the war against acne. Let me show you how to get rid of your acne within 3 days. For good!