- Which One is the Best Acne Treatment
- How to Deal With Blind Pimples - Stop Blind Pimples Quickly and Easily
- Remove Pimple Scars - Efficient Scar Treatment Alternatives That You Can use to Get rid of Your Unattractive Scars
- Three Things You Can Do to Help Prevent Future Blackhead Breakouts
- Natural Acne Control - 9 Homemade Ways
Smoothies for seriously smoothielicious skin
If you love drinking refreshing smoothies and want to feed your skin at the same time these recipes will put a very big smile on your dial!
Smoothies made from oh so healthy juices are loaded with antioxidants that flight free radicals that cause those pesky lines and wrinkles. Protein rich probiotic ingredients like yogurt & coconut milk help with improving digestion and reducing belatedness (who doesn’t love a flatter belly and relief from indigestion?). Tropical fruits like papaya and cantaloupe contain enzymes like papain that break down food and aid digestion as well as offering antioxidant and vitamin benefits for skin.
Adding fruits and oils like avocado, olive oil, coconut oil or flax seed boost your “good fat” amino acid levels helping to lubricate skin sebum helping to lift away blackheads and unclog pores. These oils are rich in fatty acids which help to lock in moisture in skin cells protecting against dehydration and wrinkles.
The following recipes are not only delicious, but jam packed with skin pampering repairing nutrients. You can even splodge the creamy mixture on your face for an extra decadent (albeit messy) skin treat!
For an extra healthy smoothie add a teaspoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
to these recipes (can also be used as as a moisturizer).
Here we go..some skin luscious recipes
Berrylicious Antioxidant Smoothie
This smoothie is high in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins, this creamy berry smoothie is delicious and nourishing for breakfast or an easy snack and it’s quick and easy to make.
The quantities below make one large glass or two smaller glasses.
- 1 cup coconut water or almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, coconut sugar or 1/2 tsp stevia powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon maca or carob powder (available in health stores), alternatively use a handful of goji or cranberries
- Optionally add 1/2 a teaspoon avocado or flax seed oil
Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Can be smeared on your skin and left on for ten minutes before washing off.
Mango Papaya Coconut Smoothie
- 3/4 pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 banana
Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. This recipe can also be applied to skin and left on for ten minutes before washing off.
Avocado Raspberry Blend Smoothie (For dry skin and clears kidneys)
- 3/4 cup of raspberry or cranberry juice
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (or use half papaya/pawpaw and pineapple)
- 1 ripe avocado
Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. This is a very creamy essential fatty acid rich smoothie for dry skin. The pineapple and papaya is very good for dissolving dead skin cells, you can add 2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal, almond meal or shredded coconut as an edible facial or body exfoliator.
Stimulating Ginger Sensation Smoothie For Digestion and Skin Circulation
This is a tangy “out there” smoothie that tantalises the senses and will get your circulation moving.
- 1/2 cup of orange or pineapple juice (can also use carrot juice as an extra antioxidant)
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup of grapes, or other fresh fruit (papaya is nice)
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk or yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/4 inch of ginger root
- pinch of cinnamon
Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for a minute or two until smooth. Can be applied to skin for a rich antioxidant boost and that will also help stimulate cell renewal.
Tropical Goddess Smoothie
Love Pina Coladas? Love this!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- squeeze of lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple chunks
- 1/2 mango or banana
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for a minute or two until smooth. Can also be applied to skin for a rich antioxidant boost and that will also help stimulate cell renewal.
Arabian Sunset Skin Smoothie
Naturally sweetened with dates and yogurt, this is a very rich drink. You’ll need to soak the dates for an hour or two beforehand.
- 6 chopped dates
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- pinch of mixed spice
Soak dates in orange juice for an hour or two. Then blend orange juice, spice and dates in a blender for a couple of minutes. Next layer the yogurt with orange juice for an interesting and delicious smoothie. Dates are a natural source of sugar and this is a warming stimulating drink.
Brain Wave Antioxidant Facial Smoothie
With the addition of spinach this is a vitamin packed antioxidant smoothie which charges your skin with beneficial nutrients from the inside out!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup berries (blueberries preferably)
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds or flax seed oil (can use avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon wheat flakes or oatmeal
Blend well together for two minutes to three and pour into glasses. Rich and filling, this is great for skin and body in general.
These are just some of the delicious skin food recipes get your started, there’s many more to come 🙂