Pimples. Acne. Zits. Blackheads. Whatever we call them, there is a great chance that we have been afflicted with it at one point in our lives. All we know is that several factors may contribute to the development of acne. Among these are heredity or genetics, oily skin and the increased production of the male hormone androgen as a boy or girl reaches puberty. Don’t feel so sad about your acne because there’s lots of things you can do. This acne control tips will help you say bye-bye to those zits.
1. You should load up your diet with lots of fresh fruits and raw vegetables! While it may be true that there is no conclusive evidence that connects acne with one’s diet, it will be of great help to include these foods in your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables contain much of the essential vitamins and minerals that you need to maintain good health. So, go ahead and indulge yourself in these healthy foods and it’s almost guaranteed that you will see the marked improvement in your skin after some time!
2. Don’t wait for your pimples to form. If you see a bit of itin your face, do something. Acne control is best done early. Pat some ice on the affected area for this will make it less swollen.
3. Most of us keep oatmeal at home. It is easy to make a mask out of the oatmeal and to put that on the face. This is for people with oily skin. The mask works as a perfect peeler and takes away the excessive amount of skin on the face, without making it too dry. Rinse with cold water once you have removed the mask, and the pores contract.
4. Ice is said to be helpful in treating acne. Use an ice pack every half an hour on the acne. Leave the ice pack on the skin for about 2 to 3 minutes every time. This makes the pimple less noticeable, however it may not get rid of acne totally.
5. Rose water can be used as a facial cleanser. Dipped in a cotton, clean your face using this everyday for at least two tothree times each day.
6. If you mix honey with mashed apple and use this for a mask, the acne might become easier to handle. The mix of honey and apple is to be left on the face for just over twenty minutes. The effect is immediate. Don′t forget to rinse the face with cold water afterwards. A mix of honey and cinnamon has an effect as well.
7. Use of lavender oil, olive oil will prove to be beneficial. Poultice made from dried lavender, dandelion and yellow dock root, mixed with warm water will make a thick paste. Spread the paste on a gauze and place it on the face. Leave the poultice on the skin for an hour, before you remove it. You may have to repeat this a few times to get rid of the scars completely.
8. Acne control is easier when accompanied with multivitamins. Start taking vitamins that contains zinc supplement. Zinc helps in making your skin stronger and acne resistant.
9. This might be the easiest treatment. However it smells pretty bad if you don′t like garlic. Just rub the fresh garlic on the pimples, and you will see the effect within hours.
Author is an online medical researcher on acne treatment and skin care. Click read more on natural acne treatment, hormonal acne treatment.