Scars are those patches that remain on your skin after injuries, illnesses or acne. Probably you have read about thousands of remedies but there are only a few that can work for your skin. No need to worry, there are some great natural remedies that can help you solve this frustrating skin problem. Treatments for acne can begin from your kitchen. There are several vegetables and fruits which can be used to cure acne.
1. 1 small handful of fresh basil leaves, you can buy a fresh bunch at most grocery stores. Let the leaves simmer in 2 cups of water for about 15 minutes, take the mixture and put it into the refrigerator to chill, apply the mixture to you face with a cotton ball, you can apply to the troubled area, or the whole face twice a day for 1 week.
2. Try to include large amount of fruits and vegetables. Include salad containing the green leafy vegetables. Try to give up the oily, junk-food and excess of milk products. Cheese and cold drinks are also to be restricted. Drinking lots of water will flush all the bodily waste material via urine and sweat and hence, could be helpful in treating the acne scars.
3. Baking soda is widely used in cosmetics, in the course of microdermabrasion treatments. It provides a great way to clear up acne scars by preparing yourself a homemade microdermabrasion treatment as follows: put 1 teaspoons of baking soda in a bowl and mix it with a small amount of pure water (approximately 2 teaspoons) until you get a paste. Carefully rub this mixture on the scar affected area for about 1 minute, then rinse off your face.
4. Keeping the skin clean is an important part in the acne treatment. Cleaning the skin with lemon is an effective acne treatment. Lemon is used for several purposes mainly due to the presence of citric acid. The citric acid has several essential properties required to kill the harmful bacteria. Rub lemon on your skin before going to sleep and you will find a clear skin in the morning. Similarly, you can get rid of acne scars by applying tomato slice.
5. Another homemade remedy for the acne scars include application of raw papayas. Regular application of tea tree oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil, almond oil and coconut oil before one hour of taking the bath will certainly improve your acne scar conditions. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.
6. Water is essential for a healthy skin. Drinking plenty of water is a good old advice but a great tip you should follow. Water is a beneficial element that is responsible for skin healing and the removal of scars. Your skin needs a considerable amount of water every day, hydration playing a major role in the skin repair process that heals acne scars.
7. Fruits are not only delicious, but they are also full of vitamin C that facilitates the building of collagen. Besides eating fresh fruits on a regular basis, you can also apply fruits or pure fruit juices on your face for a mild acid exfoliation. For instance, pineapple is an excellent fruit that can heal your scars.
Author is an online medical researcher on acne treatment and skin care. Click read more on natural acne treatment, hormonal acne treatment.