Do you have a nagging acne problem? Although teenagers are most commonly affected by acne, many adults well into their twenties and thirties also suffer from acne. As with many other health issues, most people wait until the acne has erupted on their face before it is treated. The best way to stop acne, and minimize acne scarring is to prevent acne before it ever gets a chance to start.
1. Some common remedies include evening primrose oil (taken in capsule form), Chamomile tea, honeysuckle flower tea. Also black currant seed oil has shown some promising signs of helping acne sufferers significantly. Lavender and the Chinese herb known as cnidium can be effective as well. It is true that not every remedy will have the same effect on all acne sufferers.
2. Start by adopting a good basic cleansing routine. Even though acne is not caused by poor hygene, it is important to use a wash cloth or another material that will help exfoliate. This is because excess skin cells can contribute to acne. Twice a day should be plenty, and be sure to stay away from oil based moisturizers.
3. Avoid the use of soap or other cleansing chemicals. Soap will disrupt the natural balance of facial skin by removing too much sebum and leaving the skin dry and unprotected. It will also leave behind a film of substance that can easily clog the pores and cause the acne you are trying to avoid. Other chemicals, such as creams and ointments, will usually dry out your skin and cause redness and swelling in time. Avoid them like plague. Plain water is enough for keeping your facial skin clean.
4. Use an oil free sunscreen to protect the skin before going outdoors. This is very important, because sunlight can cause damage and irritation to the skin. Once the skin is damaged, it increases the likelihood of an acne breakout.
5. Drink plenty of water. The recommended eight glasses of water a day is essential in maintaining the skin’s elasticity and suppleness. Water also clears your skin and aids in the proper elimination of waste. Remember, less waste products in your body, more beautiful skin, more chances you will prevent acne. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.
6. Rest. Get plenty of rest. You are giving your skin a time to rejuvenate and heal while you rest. Stress is extremely bad for your skin and body. It indirectly creates instability in your hormonal system, which in turn leads to more skin problems like breakouts and acne. Rest is very important if you want to prevent acne.
Author is an online medical researcher on acne treatment and skin care. Click read more on natural acne treatment, hormonal acne treatment.